Join a local guide for fun-filled day exploring the highlights of Vancouver Island! Start the day with a photo from atop the Malahat summit, then take another in front of one of Chemainus' famous murals! Grab a treat at a local bakery, then we head to our next stop - Cathedral Grove, a magical, old-growth forest with huge trees, some 800+ years old! Follow your guide for a short hike down to Cameron Lake, where you'll have the option to take a dip on a hot day! Next we head to Coombs market, where you'll have time to explore the farmers' market and funky shops, and meet the famous "goats on the roof". Grab some lunch or one of their giant ice cream cones as we head the the sprawling, sandy beach in Parksville. Our final stop will be a winery in the Cowichan Valley, where guests will have the option to taste some local wines (age 19+ with ID, extra cost).
*Chemainus village and it's murals
*Cathedral Grove forest with its giant old-growth trees
*Coombs market and goats on the roof
*Cowichan Valley winery
Duration: 1 Day, 0 Night
Meeting/Pickup Location: Douglas St at Broughton St in front of the red church
Included: *Round-trip private transportation
Excluded: *Wine tasting
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions.
- 8:00am – Meet your guide at Douglas and Broughton in front of the red church
- 8:15am - Depart downtown
- 8:45am - Stop at the Malahat Summit Viewpoint for photos
- 9:30am – Visit the charming town of Chemainus and get your photo in front of some of the famous murals!
- 10:15– Depart Chemainus
- 11:30am – Arrive Cathedral Grove, explore the old growth forest and photos at the biggest tree! Enjoy a short walk to Cameron Lake
- 12:30pm – Depart Cameron Lake
- 12:45 - Arrive at Coombs Market – free time for lunch, shopping in funky stores, or climb up one of the many statues for a memorable photo! Don’t forget to try the famous ice cream for dessert, and visit the goats on the roof (seasonal)
- 1:45pm – Depart Chemainus
- 2:00pm – Time to hit the beach! Enjoy the long, sandy beach in Parksville
- 3:00pm – Depart Parksville
- 4:15pm - Arrive in the Cowichan Valley, Vancouver Island’s premier wine region. Enjoy a winery visit and optional wine tasting (age 19+ with ID, additional cost).
- 5:00pm - Depart Cowichan Valley
- 6:00pm (approx) – Arrive in Victoria